At this time our events are not compatible with the Safari web browser on laptop, desktop, and Android. For Apple phones and tablets Safari is the only compatible browser.
Chrome is the browser of choice, with Firefox a close second. Either of those shoud work on all devices that are not Apple phones and tablets.
Alternately, if accessing an event as an attendee only you can do so via the mobile app for phones and tablets.
If you encounter trouble when connecting to the platform here are some simple browser-based troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Be sure that there is only one Hopin tab open that is running video.
- Try refreshing your browser.
- If refreshing does not work, close out and restart the browser.
- If you are on Android, laptop, or desktop and the browser is still causing issues try using the other recommended broswer.
- It's also advisable to ensure your browser is updated to the most recent version. If you encounter trouble check to see if there is a browser update.
Mac users: ensure you have “Screen sharing” and “Screen recording” set to "on" under your Settings.
For onscreen speakers it is very strongly recommended you use a laptop or desktop computer.